10.24.2011

Spicy Asian Peanut Noodles


Sometimes I have these inexplicable cravings for Chinese take-out chicken lo mein.  

I don't even like lo mein, and the few times I actually eat it I feel awful afterwards because it is so incredibly greasy, like deep fried bacon greasy...

This quick dish is my solution to lo-main cravings.  While it isn't quite as greasy, and there's no chicken- I save the $6 and future stomach ache.  Win-win situation, no?

  •  1 13oz box whole wheat thin spaghetti, or linguine
  • 5 Tbs soy sauce
  • 5 Tbs honey
  • 2 Tbs peanut butter
  • 2 Tbs sesame oil
  • 1 Tbs Thai Roasted Red Chili Paste
  • 2 carrots, shredded
  • Sesame seeds, peanuts, and cilantro to garnish

  1. Cook the noodles according to package instructions, drain, and set aside.  
  2. In the now empty sauce pan, add the soy sauce, honey, peanut butter, sesame oil, and chili paste and whisk until incorporated.  Add the shredded carrot and noodles, then stir. 
  3. Garnish with sesame seeds, crushed peanuts, and/or cilantro.  I toss in a little crushed red pepper at the end because I like it spicier :)



Yields 4-6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...