11.03.2011

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

I have a tendency to feed people...  I basically live by myself, and I have a small appetite and prefer to eat healthy food, you see. 

Problem is that unsweetened granola,  cookies with dates hidden in them, and such other creatively sweet satisfying recipes just aren't as pretty or fun to decorate. 

So every now and again I like making pretty baked goods- which also usually feature a stick or two of butter- and end up just giving them away to people.  Hence making Funfetti cupcakes (thank you Betty Crocker) with DECADENT RICH FUDGEY frosting.  My mouth is watering just writing about it. 

  • 1 cup butter (room temperature)
  • 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk) -room temperature is best
  • 1 Tbs corn syrup (optional)


  1. With an electric mixer or stand mixer cream butter, add powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla.  
  2. Gradually add milk until desired spreading consistency is reached.  If you want a glossier finish mix in the corn syrup.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...