5.27.2012

The Eli Cookie: Oatmeal White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

Anyone watch the Bachelorette?  I cringe with embarrassment to admit that I occasionally catch an episode, but I do.  Usually, I think the show is utterly ridiculous, and I laugh the whole way through, but this last episode, Emily totally stole one of my dating techniques!  Cookie making!  I make killer chocolate chip cookies. So, once a guy has tried them and gotten hooked, I (if interested) casually invite him to make cookies with me if he wants the recipe.  Then, I can evaluate if he is kitchen-competent, able to follow instruction, and simply if he's fun to be with.  It's a perfect scenario.  Except then a certain boy came along, experienced my chocolate chip cookies, and instead of deciding they were the greatest cookie ever and wanting the recipe, he brought up these cookies his mom used to make.  And what did I do?  Get offended  I made those cookies for him.  ALL BY MYSELF.  I now coin them "The Eli Cookie", because never before have I baked a boy one of his family recipes.  I knew there was something different about this boy.


  • 2 cups unsalted butter (room temperature)
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 4 cups flour
  • 5 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 7-12 oz dried cranberries
  • 2 10-12oz bags white chocolate chips
  1. Heat the oven to 350°F.  
  2. In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar.  Then add the eggs, and vanilla.
  3. Then mix in the flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.  Stir in the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries with a spatula.
  4. Roll dough into 3" balls, flatten slightly on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for 10-13 minutes, or until the bottom and edges are golden.


Notes:
  • This recipe is GINORMOUS, so feel free to half it- you will still get at least 2 dozen
  • Recipe courtesy of my dear friend Eli
Yields ~4 dozen 3" cookies, or like 60 smaller cookies.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...