5.02.2012

Honey Tahini Dressing

I'm currently facing a dilemma--an utterly disastrous dilemma.  I have no bread. [Unless you count the soft pretzels I made on Sunday as bread... but let's face it I can't really make a PB&J with a soft pretzel...]  I also don't have much other food, since my time in Bloomington is coming to an end I'm trying to let my pantry dwindle (and it's taking a serious amount of self-control at the grocery).  I do have lettuce, lots of freezer food, and some incredibly stale pita bread, which lent itself perfectly to a deconstructed felafel salad :)  This creamy dressing tied it all together, the rich tahini harmonizes perfectly with the sweet honey and acidic lemon striking a refreshingly satisfying balance.  I found myself scraping the left over salad dressing off my plate with the pita chips and tomatoes--it was that good.


  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/3 cup tahini
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • Freshly ground pepper and salt, to taste
 Mix it all together!

Notes:
  • Lasts about 3 days in the fridge

Yields a generous cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...