4.19.2012

Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pesto

There are a few food words that make me feel fancy: ganache, coulis, aioli, compote... I like'm.  And if I can toss them into the description of whatever I am making, I suddenly feel like a legitimate cook.  (I won't even venture to use the word chef, that's simply laughable.)  Pesto is one of these words.  For some reason pesto just sounds kinda fancy, you know?  And while I'm at it I'll toss my pesto on some bruschetta or capatavi or oriochette.  Or in english- this stuff tastes great smeared on some toast, or over a bowl of funny shaped noodles.  Personally, I enjoy mine with wheat rotini and sauteed veggies.

  • 2 roasted red peppers
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 Tbs toasted nuts- almonds, pine nuts, or walnuts are best
  • 2 Tbs nutritional yeast (or parmigiano-reggiano if you don't mind dairy)
  • 3 Tbs olive oil
  • 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • A few fresh basil leaves (optional)
  1. Put roasted red peppers, garlic, nuts, nutritional yeast, and balsamic vinegar in food processor.  Pulse until combined, streaming in olive oil. ¡Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...