4.15.2012

Mini Chocolate Donuts with Maple Glaze... and Bacon

There is a reason I set myself a curfew in the kitchen: No baking past 8:00pm.  These donuts are what happens when I break curfew.  Since just making donuts wasn't bad enough, I had to coat them in finger-licking good maple glaze... and top them off with bacon.  I nearly resorted to licking the drips of glaze off the counter (granted I may also occasionally eat marshmallow fluff by the spoonful so maybe I'm a bad measure of irresistability).  But in all seriousness, these little calorie bombs are tasty--the sweet maple and salty bacon unite dynamically, all atop a mini chocolate donut.  Perfection.

Oh yeah, and did I mention you get to cheat and use a cake mix? Mhmmmm!





Donut
  • 1 box Devil's food cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk (I used almond)
  • 1/2 cup melted butter, or oil
Glaze
  • 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
  • 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
  • 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
  • 1 Tablespoon warm water
  • few drops maple flavoring (optional)

  • ~1/3 cup Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
  1. Heat the oven to 350°.  Grease mini donut pans.
  2. In a bowl, mix cake mix, eggs, milk, and melted butter with an electric mixer until well incorporated.  Using a ziplock bag with the corner cut off or a piping bag, pipe the donut batter into the donut pan.  Bake 10-14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  3. While donuts bake, combine glaze ingredients in a medium bowl. 
  4. Cool donuts on a wire rack.  Then dip in glaze, and sprinkle with bacon.  Store in an airtight container.
Yields 36 mini donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...