2.15.2012

Raspberry Truffles in White Chocolate


These rich, decadent, melt-in-your mouth truffles are a delightful fix when the usual animal crackers dipped in Nutella simply aren't cutting it.  The luscious dark chocolate mingles perfectly with the subtle tartness of raspberry, all mellowed flawlessly by the creamy, sweet white chocolate.  The combination of flavors is refined, and irresistible.  (and one of these days I am going to get a real camera and stop using my iPhone...)

Ganache:

3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup raspberry preserves (seedless recommended)
1/3 cup butter
16 oz dark chocolate*, chopped

To Coat:

8 oz white chocolate

Place whipping cream, butter and raspberry jam in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter and jam are melted (3 to 5 minutes). Continue cooking until mixture begins to bubble around edges (1 to 2 minutes).  Add chopped chocolate and stir until incorporated.

Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 5-6 hours.

In a double boiler melt the white chocolate.  Using a melon baller scoop small balls and coat in white chocolate.  Alternatively you may roll them in cocoa powder- but I like the sweet white chocolate to offset the bitterness and tang of the dark chocolate and raspberry.

Notes:
  • The higher quality ingredients the better result- I recommend using nice chocolate.
  • I actually use chocolate molds.  I create a chocolate shell, fill with warm ganache, and finish with more white chocolate.  They set up very quickly in the fridge, and I find the appearance more appealing than when I try to roll my truffles by hand (which always ends up super messy and melty)

Yields 30 truffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...