8.23.2012

Oatmeal Raisinet Cookies

I have a confession.  I am a cookie discriminator.  When someone brings cookies to an event, or you get a plate for Christmas, or any other situation arises where a variety of cookies is available, I would altogether pass on a cookie than eat an oatmeal raisin cookie.  There is something about raisins in a cookie that just makes me kind of sad.  (Or it may just be the raisins that make me sad... Benny & Joon, anyone?)  Anyhow, the point is, when you cover said humiliated grapes in dark chocolate, the whole cookie is transformed.  And now incredibly delicious.  I made these cookies quite a while ago, and realized I didn't blog them.  So when I saw Raisinets on sale at the grocery I decided I needed to make them again, just to blog them... not at all because they are incredibly tasty or anything....


  • 2 cups all-purpose flour 
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
  • 1 1/2 cups  dark chocolate covered raisins (Raisinets)
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add flour, baking soda, and salt, mix well. Add oats and raisinets; mix well.
  2. Using a large cookie scoop, drop cookie dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Bake 13 – 16 min or until light golden brown on the edges. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.

Notes:
  • Milk chocolate covered raisins can be used, but with the very sweet cookie dough, I find the dark chocolate more appealing
  • My "large" cookie scoop is actually an ice cream scoop--so the resulting cookies are HUGE (It scoops around 3 Tbs of dough).  If you use a more standard medium cookie scoop, baking time will be closer to 12 minutes.  If you use an itty bitty one, check on your cookies around 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...